The Driver/Logistician will ensure operational compliance with SBFIC ́s internal policies and procedures and will support the operational excellence of the whole organization.
• Drive vehicle for official travel or as requested by representatives
• Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests
• Ensure punctuality and safe transport
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
• Ensure vehicle is always kept clean, tidy and in good working condition
• Ensure vehicle is always kept secure
• Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
• Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage at end of each month
• Assist the Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
• Prepare budget plan for vehicle
• Manage relationship with other drivers/car rental companies ensuring driving standards, passenger safety requirements, driver courtesy and punctuality is achieved.
• Assist in the purchase of new vehicles as required
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
• Plan, organize, and execute logistics activities such as procurement, allocation of materials and supplies
• Provide support to the Administrative Officer in the time working at the office
• Facilitate organization of events
• Stock management
• Running errands for the office
• Office work, secretarial services and other as may be requested
• Ordinary level Certificate
• Valid driving license Class D
• Knowledge in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs desirable
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as driver with good driving record
• Computer skills: MS Office, especially Word and Excel
• Proficiency in Swahili, English is a plus
• Being well-organized and systematic
• Careful, accountable, responsible and punctual
• A team player – personable, caring, helpful, reliable and diplomatic
• Honest and approachable, discreet and respectful of confidentiality
• Good personal grooming and personal presentation
• Willing to work long and irregular hours
• Commitment to the aims of SBFIC Tanzania
Deployment location: The main work location for the two Drivers will be Mwanza and Dar Es Salaam respectively. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common.
What we offer:
• Working on interesting and diversified tasks with a high level of self-responsibility;
• Insights into a well-structured organization in the area of international development cooperation;
• Working in a dedicated and supportive international team;
• Monthly salary according to the contract.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, a cover letter , driving license and relevant certificates clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please add your salary expectations to your e-mail and send your complete application documents as one PDF file. Applications will be received not later than February 14th 2020.