Arusha Technical College (ATC) was established in March 2007 through the Arusha Technical College Establishment Order No.78 under the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Act No.9 of 1997 to replace the then Technical College Arusha that existed since 1978. The College therefore has over 40 years’ experience in delivery of technical education and training programmes.
Arusha Technical College through East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project (EASTR1P) is seeking to employ Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on contractual basis to assist implementation of the project at Kikuletwa Renewable Energy Training Centre (KRETC).
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job code Title: KRETC #5
Project: East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Duty Station: Arusha Technical College (Main Campus) and Kikuletwa Renewable Energy Training Centre
Duration of Contract: Two years renewable on successful achievement
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain project M&E plan, based on Project appraisal document (PAD). Project operational manual (POM).Overall Project Development Objective (PDO) and project indicators
- Oversee and execute M&E activities including annual work plan, with particular focus on results as indicated in disbursement linked indicators and results (DLIs DLRs) and thus the long-term impacts of the project with regard to coordination
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze project results and work with EASTRIP project team to disseminate project activities through regular communication with all stakeholders
- Writing project reports, such as Quarterly and Annual reports, semi-annual progress reports and other on- time reports requested by International Agencies (WB, IUC’EA RFU) leadership, implementing partners and or relevant stakeholders
- Advance and support communication and advocacy of EASTRIP project through availability of evidence- based data as part of KRETC, WB and IUC’EA RFU reports
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans for EASTRIP project.
- Working as a Liaison Officer for M&E activities at IUCEA RFU. facilitate M&E planning, training and supervision of M&E activities in priority areas for EASTRIP project in all Centers of Excellence
- Follow up KRETC Implementation plans as per Financing agreement, and consolidating data into the Project Results Framework every 6 months, prior to the KRETC technical and advisory meeting and the Regional Steering Committee meetings
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the College Management Academic Qualification
The person should have a proven familiarity with quality assurance, documentation, best practices, project management skills, ability to work with various stakeholders and willingness to move forward the East Africa Skills for Transformation & Regional Integration Project. The person is required to have the following academic qualifications :-
Master’s Degree in Project Management/ Statistics/ Business Administration. Computational Science Engineering or any related field from a recognized and reputable institution.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in International Projects (i.e.World Bank. AfDB. UN, IMF. JICA. NDF etc.). Additional training for at least two (2) months in Monitoring and Evaluation (M &E) of projects at national or regional level will be an added advantage.
A negotiable, attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate General Requirements and Mode of Application:
- Applicants must attach an up-to date current curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- Age limit for all applicants is 55 years old
- All applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following:
- Copies of relevant academic certificates, transcripts and birth certificate
- Name and complete address of three reputable referees
- Testimonials, partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
- Deadline for application is 14th February, 2020
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
- Application letters should be posted to the following address:
Arusha Technical College,
Junction of Moshi-Arusha and Nairobi Roads
P.O. Box 296,