Head of People and Culture (HR) at VisionFund Tanzania January, 2020
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To Manage & coordinate human resources strategy for VisionFund, Tanzania (VFT) – Microfinance Business (MFB) including manpower planning, recruitment & selection, orientation, placement, performance management, compensation package, staff development and talent management.
Ensure that Human Resources (HR) Strategy is developed & implemented in all areas of the organization and in compliance with VFT & VisionFund International (VFI) standards:
- Provides strategic People support and advice on Human Resources issues.
- Updates the employee handbook on a per need basis, and ensures that all revision and addition to the policies are written in the employee handbook; Informs all concerned staff the changes entered into the employee handbook.
- Ensures that good insurance covers for staff are in place that will be of benefit to the organization.
- All Policies are updated.
- As required quarterly present to board People & Culture (P & C) matters.
Staffing Plan & Budgets:
- Contributes and advises in senior management strategic planning, with particular responsibility for HR needs, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and submits annual budget and plan for the approval of the SMT.
- Plans and implements procurements.
- Administers the logistics, safekeeping of the office premises and properties.
Recruitment, Selection, Orientation and Placement:
- Develops letters of appointment, transfer, promotion, and the like; and sends to the concerned staff after approval.
- Conducts “due diligence” or the “fit and proper” test to assess the job applicant’s background and character.
- Ensures that VFT maintains a standardized and systematic hiring and recruitment process; develops or updates hiring policies and procedures most appropriate to individual positions.
- Coordinates all recruitment for VFT: reviews staff requisitions, supervises the hiring and contractual process, and arranges for the new employee’s orientation with the immediate supervisor.
Compensation & Rewards:
- Reviews the benefits scheme (compensation, incentives, and other benefits) on an annual basis; ensures that it is properly administered in accordance with the employee handbook, and if necessary, recommends to the CEO the renewal of the scheme.
- Conducts consultations with department heads to determine performance indicators and benchmarks per position.
- Periodically carries out salaries and benefits surveys for the review process in order to develop and maintain a competitive compensation package and incentive schemes for staff.
Performance Management & Engagement:
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance appraisals is done on a regular basis.
- Reviews and upgrades the performance appraisal instrument, at least yearly to determine effectiveness and applicability.
- Investigates all disciplinary and grievance cases with the respective staff, provides guidance, and corrective action through counseling, training, or instituting disciplinary procedures.
- In consultation with the senior management, develops performance indicators and standards in promoting staff to higher posts.
- Branch efficiency & Effectiveness.
Capability & Competency Management:
- Conducts periodic staff training needs and plans for capacity building- training and staff development.
- Coordinates and develops the staff development strategy to make sure that the staff continues to achieve professional growth within VFT.
Employee Relations & Change Agent:
- Advisor P&C whistleblower Committee on policies & regulations governing staff disciplinary.
- Coordinates grievance hearing between the staff and the committees.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Visit to the Field operations quarterly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources, psychology, law and Social Science.
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology & Law.
- Excellence interpersonal counseling & problem- solving skill.
- Very good knowledge of oral & written English.
- Very good analytical & reporting skills.
- Good trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach.
- Good knowledge of WV &VFI Partnership.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Be a good leader.
- Familiar with Core business.
- Model and demonstrate effective Christian leadership and able to lead daily devotions.