PURPOSE OF THE POSTION:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the position will support sourcing and procurement of Goods, Works and Services in the most cost effective manner.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Strategic Procurement Management
- Conduct source audit exercises through supplier selection, evaluation, and assessment.
- Support the preparation of Consolidated NO Annual Procurement Plan
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in procurement and other logistics to ensure Goods, Works and services are procured timely to facilitate project implementation and at the same time receiving value for money.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure vendors follow all the tendering regulations, procedures and instructions
- Ensure orders are accurately drawn with the correct specification, quantity, qualities and delivery requirements
- Review all request and purchase orders for completeness and conformance to user requirements.
- Support development of Category strategies and approaches.
- Manage Consistent and effective sourcing strategic sourcing process.
- Support Negotiations for large \Strategic Contracts.
- Communicate sourcing approaches to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in annual pre-qualification of suppliers and ensure that the Suppliers database is regularly updated.
Contracts Negotiation and Management
- Direct content for key supplier contracts including terms and conditions to mitigate risk for WV Tanzania.
- Preparation of standard bidding documents, with terms and conditions of the tender.
- Monitoring performance and delivery of the terms of reference of the contractors and recommendation for contract termination incases of non-compliance to the TOR.
- Frame contractual agreements for supply of consumables at the same prices for a period of one year.
- Support negotiations are carried out on contracts and Orders to realize possible savings for the organization.
Performance Measurement and Management:
- Manage Relationships with Key Suppliers.
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports on procurement KPI’s
- Ensure preparation and submission of weekly/monthly procurement status reports in order to engage the customers and other stakeholders
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree in Materials Management/Procurement and Logistics
Experience: 3 yrs in Procurement and Logistics
Preferred: MBA, CSP
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Working knowledge of procurement services and practices is an added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships required.
- On call: 15%
Office-based with travel to the field
Travel: 10% Domestic travel
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.