Trade Finance Operations Officer
Accurate and efficient processing of various Trade Finance Product transactions for NMB Bank Plc customers in accordance with applicable laid down Bank procedures, rules and Policies.
- Responsible in all Trade Products operational aspects such as LCs, Trade Loans, Guarantees, Documentary Collections, Bills Discounting and Invoice Financing.
- Responsible in processing and handling all incoming documents, such as Letters Of Credit, Guarantees, Documentary Collection, Invoice Financing, Post Import Loans, and other LCs Drawings.
- Responsible in the resolution of corporate customers’ queries and concerns, as well as liaising with Trade Sales Team/Business Team to deliver a superior client experience.
- Responsible in preparing Monthly Schedule 13 and 16 as per Central Bank requirement.
- Responsible in the creation of SWIFT message Types like 100, 200, 400,700 Series accurately and promptly
- Responsible in preparing Daily Contingent Liability reporting, Nostro reconciliation reporting, Correspondent Bank Limits relating to Trade Finance reporting, Client Facility Utilization reporting and Cash Collateral status Reporting.
- Responsible in ensuring that all transactions are processed and settled in a timely basis
- Responsible in monitoring all Incoming Trade instructions received from Branches, DHL, and or other Departments.
- Proactively ensure all compliance and risk guidelines are satisfied in each transaction, manage risk through the documentation checking process.
- Responsible in ensuring that all internal procedure requirements are met
- Responding promptly and expertly to Trade inquiries, issues; developing workable solutions, ensuring all related issues are resolved in a timely, accurate and effective manner or escalated to Manager as required.
- Adhere to the agreed KCSA Plans and approach as advised by the Manager.
- Support others and act as a role model and lead by example to assist in creating a motivated team.
- Trade finance Operations work flow and time keeping management Skills.
- Excellent knowledge of ICC publications like UCP 600, ISP 98, URDG 758, URC522, URR725 etc.
- Knowledge on Money Laundering procedures and Crime Act.
- Ability to spot red flags in all trade finance transactions.
- Logical and Analytical problems solving from all angles, gathers information from a broad range of sources; generates logical, timely and workable solutions.
- Proficiency in computer, including Word, Excel.
- Strong team player with good communications and Organization Skills to form good relationships internally and externally i.e (Trade Sales, Wholesale Banking, Business Banking, Branches and External Customers). .
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Economics or equivalent
- Good understanding of international banking practices UCP 600, URC522, ISP98, URDG758 and URR725.
- Sound knowledge of trade finance operations and documentation.
- Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) or any other Trade related Professional Certification is an Added Advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Trade Finance Operations.
- Experience in dealing with Trade customers will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Trade Products and processes, and adept at navigating through the Trade applications process.
- A Strong understanding of operational risk specifically in Trade Finance Products.
- Leadership experience is an added advantage
- NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.